THE CORPORATION OF THE VILLAGE OF MONTROSE
A Bylaw to amend section 2 of the Montrose Recreation Commission Bylaw 133, 1964.
WHEREAS the Council of the Village of Montrose deems it advisable to increase the number of members appointed to the Montrose Recreation Commission;
NOW THEREFORE, the Council of the Village of Montrose, in open meeting assembled, enacts as follows:
1. This Bylaw may be cited as the “Montrose Recreation Commission Bylaw Amendment Bylaw 532.
2. That section 2 of the Montrose Recreation Commission Bylaw 133 be deleted and be replaced by the following:
(a) The appointees shall be residents of Montrose
(b) Two of the members of the Montrose Recreation Commission shall also be appointed, by Council, to the Beaver Valley Recreation Commission.
(c) For the initial term four (if 7 or 8) or five (if 9 or 10) of the appointed members shall hold office for two years and the remainder of the appointed members shall hold office for one year. Thereafter, all members shall be appointed for a term of two years to fill the vacancy of members whose term of appointment has expired. In the event of resignation or death of appointee, the Council may appoint a person to fill the unexpired portion of the term.
1. If any section, subsection, sentence, clause or phrase of this bylaw is for any reason held to be invalid by the decision of any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalid portion shall be severed and the part this is invalid shall not affect the validity of the remainder.
2. Bylaw 347 is hereby repealed
3. This bylaw shall come into full force and effect on the final adoption thereof.
READ A FIRST TIME this 1st day of September, 1998.
READ A SECOND TIME this 15th day of September, 1998.
READ A THIRD TIME this 6th day of October, 1998.
RECONSIDERED AND FINALLY ADOPTED this 20th day of October, 1998.
Certified a true copy of Bylaw 532, as adopted.