THE CORPORATION OF THE VILLAGE OF MONTROSE
A BYLAW TO ESTABLISH THE SALE PRICE FOR DESIGNATED MUNICIPAL GARBAGE BAGS IN THE VILLAGE OF MONTROSE.
WHEREAS section 577 of the Municipal Act (RS Chap. 323) authorizes Council to establish a scale of charges payable for the removal of garbage, and
WHEREAS Council deems it appropriate to base the charges payable for the removal of garbage on the principle of user pay,
THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the Council of the Village of Montrose, in open meeting assembled, hereby enact as follows:
1. (1) This Bylaw may be cited for all purposes as the “Garbage User Rate Bylaw.”
2. (1) The Village shall supply garbage bags for the purpose of collecting household garbage, and except as otherwise authorized by Council, household garbage shall not be collected unless it is contained in a Village of Montrose garbage bag.
GARBAGE USER RATES
3. (1) Municipal garbage bags, sold individually, shall be sold for two dollars and fifty cents ($2.50).
(2) Municipal garbage bags packaged in pouches of 52 bags shall be sold at a discount of 20%, and the retail price of one hundred and four dollars ($104.00) per pouch.
4. (1) If any section, subsection, sentence, clause, or phrase of this Bylaw is for any reason held to be invalid by the decision of any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalid portion shall be severed and the part that is invalid shall not affect the validity of the remainder.
(2) Bylaw #535 shall be rescinded on the final adoption of this Bylaw.
(3) This Bylaw shall come into full force and effect on January 1, 2000.
READ A FIRST TIME this 5th day of October, 1999
READ A SECOND TIME this 19th day of October, 1999
READ A THIRD TIME this 2nd day of November, 1999
READ A FOURTH TIME AND FINALLY ADOPTED this 15th day of November, 1999
Mayor Village Clerk
I hereby certify the foregoing to be a true and correct copy of the Garbage User Rate Bylaw.