THE CORPORATION OF THE VILLAGE OF MONTROSE
A BYLAW TO AMEND BUILDING BYLAW #237.
WHEREAS section 725 of the Municipal Act (RS Chap. 323) authorizes Council to adopt regulations in relation to the emission of smoke, and
WHEREAS Council wishes to take reasonable steps to slow the rate of smoke pollution in the municipality,
THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the Council of the Village of Montrose, in open meeting assembled, hereby enact as follows:
1. (1) This Bylaw may be cited for all purposes as the “Building Bylaw Amendment (Smoke Pollution Reduction).”
2. (1) Bylaw #237 is hereby amended by adding the following new section:
12. (3) No person shall install, or cause to have installed, a wood burning device or appliance in a residential building, commercial building, or accessory building, unless such device or appliance is fitted with a manufacturer-installed catalytic converter or combuster.
3. (1) If any section, subsection, sentence, clause, or phrase of this Bylaw is for any reason held to be invalid by the decision of any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalid portion shall be severed and the part that is invalid shall not affect the validity of the remainder.
(2) This Bylaw shall come into full force and effect on the final adoption thereof.
READ A FIRST TIME this 5th day of October, 1999
READ A SECOND TIME this 19th day of October, 1999
READ A THIRD TIME this 2nd day of November , 1999
READ A FOURTH TIME AND FINALLY ADOPTED this 15th day of November, 1999
Mayor Village Clerk
I hereby certify the foregoing to be a true and correct copy of the Building Bylaw Amendment (Smoke Pollution Reduction).