THE CORPORATION OF THE VILLAGE OF MONTROSE
A BYLAW FOR THE APPOINTMENT AND REMUNERATION FOR ELECTION OFFICIALS FOR MUNICIPAL ELECTION IN THE VILLAGE OF MONTROSE.
WHEREAS the Municipal Act (RS Chap. 323) REQUIRES Council to determine procedures and requirements to be applied to the conduct of local government elections and other voting, and
WHEREAS Council must appoint municipal election officials, and
WHEREAS Council wishes to establish remuneration rates for municipal election officials,
THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the Council of the Village of Montrose, in open meeting assembled, hereby enact as follows:
1. (1) This Bylaw may be cited for all purposes as the “Election Officials Bylaw”
2. (1) Council shall appoint a Chief Election Officer and a Deputy Chief Election Officer.
(2) The Chief Election Officer must appoint election officials required for the administration and conduct of the election as deemed necessary for the election.
(3) The Chief Election Officer may appoint election officials as deemed necessary for the election.
3. (1) All appointed election officials shall perform their appointed duties as stated in the Municipal Act
4. (1) Election officials shall be remunerated as follows:
a) Chief Election Officer - $600.00
b) Deputy Chief Election Officer - $375.00
c) Election Officials - $225.00
(2) The rates established in this section shall be deemed to be payment for all services provided by election officials in the course of an election..
(3) Where two or more elections and/or votes are held concurrently, such concurrent elections and/or votes shall be deemed to be an election for the purpose of this section.
5. (1) If any section, subsection, sentence, clause, or phrase of this Bylaw is for any reason held to be invalid by the decision of any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalid portion shall be severed and the part that is invalid shall not affect the validity of the remainder.
(2) This Bylaw shall come into full force on the final adoption thereof.
READ A FIRST TIME this 2nd day of November, 1999
READ A SECOND TIME this 2nd day of November, 1999
READ A THIRD TIME this 2nd day of November, 1999
READ A FOURTH TIME AND FINALLY ADOPTED this 15th day of November, 1999
Mayor Village Clerk
I hereby certify the foregoing to be a true and correct copy of the Election Officials Bylaw).