THE CORPORATION OF THE VILLAGE OF MONTROSE
A BYLAW TO REPEAL THE DEVELOPMENT COST CHARGES BYLAW.
WHEREAS section 937 of the Municipal Act RS Chap. 323 authorizes the Council of the Village of Montrose to establish development cost charges, and
WHEREAS Council established development cost charges in 1979, and
WHEREAS the rate of development in the Village of Montrose does not contribute sufficient revenues to the development cost charges reserve to fund the capital expenditures for which the reserves are intended, and
WHEREAS increasing the development cost charges levy to a level that may contribute sufficient revenues to the development cost charges reserve to fund capital expenditures for which the reserves are intended would be in conflict with Council’s community development policies, and
WHEREAS the development cost charges reserves for both water and sewer have been fully depleted,
NOW THEREFORE, the Council of the Village of Montrose, in open meeting assembled, hereby ENACTS AS FOLLOWS:
1. (1) This Bylaw may be cited as the “Development Cost Charges Repeal Bylaw”.
2. (1) The Corporation of the Village of Montrose Development Cost Charges By-Law No. 295, 1978 is hereby repealed.
(2) Village of Montrose Development Cost Charges Reserve Fund By-Law #315 is hereby repealed.
(3) The Corporation of the Village of Montrose Development Cost Charges Amendment By-Law #313 is hereby repealed.
(4) Development Cost Charge Installment Payment Bylaw #479, 1995, is hereby repealed.
3. (1) If any section, subsection, sentence, clause or phrase of this Bylaw is for any reason held to be invalid by the decision of any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalid portion shall be severed and the part that is invalid shall not affect the validity of the remainder.
(2) This Bylaw shall come into full force and effect on the final adoption thereof.
READ A FIRST TIME this 21st day of March, 2000
READ A SECOND TIME this 21st day of March, 2000
READ A THIRD TIME this 21st day of March, 2000
Mayor Village Clerk
APPROVED BY THE INSPECTOR OF MUNICIPALITIES this 3rd day of May, 2000
RECONSIDERED AND FINALLY ADOPTED this 16th day of May, 2000
Mayor Village Clerk
Certified a true copy of Bylaw #561, as adopted