THE CORPORATION OF THE VILLAGE OF MONTROSE
A BYLAW TO SET THE PARCEL TAX ASSESSMENT ROLL FOR 2001
WHEREAS Division 2 of Part 10.1 of the Local Government Act RS Chap. 323 empowers the Council of the Village of Montrose to establish a parcel tax assessment roll,
NOW THEREFORE, the Council of the Village of Montrose, in open meeting assembled, hereby ENACTS AS FOLLOWS:
1. (1) This Bylaw may be cited as the “2001 Parcel Tax Assessment Roll Bylaw”.
2. (1) All parcels of taxable property within assessment classes 01 and 06 listed on the 2001Authenticated Assessment Roll for the Village of Montrose shall be subject to the Water Parcel Tax in the year 2001.
(2) Subject to the exemptions listed in this section, all parcels of taxable property within assessment classes 01 and 06 listed on the 2001Authenticated Assessment Roll for the Village of Montrose shall be subject to the Sewer Parcel Tax in the year 2001.
(3) The properties identified by assessment roll numbers 335.000, 336.000, and 354.430 are exempt from the Sewer Parcel Tax.
3. (1) A single amount each for water and sewer, for each parcel, shall be the basis on which parcel taxes imposed with this Bylaw shall be assessed.
4. (1) If any section, subsection, sentence, clause or phrase of this Bylaw is for any reason held to be invalid by the decision of any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalid portion shall be severed and the part that is invalid shall not affect the validity of the remainder.
(2) This Bylaw shall come into full force and effect on the final adoption thereof.
READ A FIRST TIME this 5th day of December, 2000
READ A SECOND TIME this 19th day of December, 2000
READ A THIRD TIME this 16th day of January, 2001
RECONSIDERED AND FINALLY ADOPTED this 6th day of February, 2001
Certified a true copy of Bylaw #570, as adopted