THE CORPORATION OF THE VILLAGE OF MONTROSE
A BYLAW TO ESTABLISH POTABLE WATER USER RATES FOR EXTERNAL CONNECTIONS FOR THE YEAR 2001
WHEREAS the Village’s Financial Plan calls for an increase in water user rates for the purpose of reducing the subsidy from the General Operating Fund to the Water Operating Fund, and
WHEREAS certain costs of the water service are recovered from parcel taxes, and
WHEREAS the municipality cannot impose a parcel tax outside of the municipal boundary, and
WHEREAS Council deems it fair and reasonable that those properties receiving water service from the municipality not be subsidized by the municipality’s taxpayers,
BE IT THEREFORE RESOLVED that the Council of the Village of Montrose in open meeting assembled, enact as follows:
1. (1) This Bylaw may be cited as the “2001 Water User Rate (External) Bylaw.”
2. (1) The single family residential rate for the year 2001 for the existing water service provided by the Village to a property outside of the municipal boundary shall be two hundred and fifty-three dollars and forty cents ($253.40).
(2) The non-residential rate for the year 2001 for the existing water service provided by the Village to a property outside of the municipal boundary shall be two hundred and sixty-six dollars and sixty cents ($266.60).
3. (1) If any section, subsection, sentence, clause or phrase of this bylaw is for any reason held to be invalid by the decision of any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalid portion shall be severed and the part that is invalid shall not affect the validity of the remainder.
(2) Bylaw #523 is hereby repealed.
(3) This Bylaw shall come into full force and effect on January 1, 2001.
READ A FIRST TIME this 19th day of December, 2000
READ A SECOND TIME this 19th day of December, 2000
READ A THIRD TIME this 19th day of December, 2000
RECONSIDERED AND FINALLY ADOPTED this 16th day of January, 2001
Certified a true copy of Bylaw #571, as adopted