THE CORPORATION OF THE VILLAGE OF MONTROSE
A BYLAW TO AMEND THE RECREATION COMMISSION BYLAW
WHEREAS the Council of the Village of Montrose has established a Recreation Commission, and
WHEREAS the Council of the Village of Montrose deems it to be in the community’s interest to revise the transition provisions of the Recreation Commission Bylaw,
BE IT THEREFORE RESOLVED that the Council of the Village of Montrose in open meeting assembled, enact as follows:
1. (1) This Bylaw may be cited as the “Recreation Commission Transition Bylaw.”
2. (1) Section 11 of Bylaw #566 are hereby rescinded and replaced with the following new section:
(2) 11. (1) Council shall appoint a member of Council to the Commission for a transitional term ending on November 30, 2002.
(2) Council shall appoint four (8) Montrose residents to the Commission for a primary transitional term ending at the 2002 Annual General Meeting.
(3) On or before the 2002 Annual General Meeting, Council shall appoint four (4) Montrose members of the Commission for a secondary transitional term ending at the 2003 Annual General Meeting.
(4) For the purpose of this Bylaw, transitional term appointments under this section shall be deemed to be partial terms.
3. (1) If any section, subsection, sentence, clause or phrase of this bylaw is for any reason held to be invalid by the decision of any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalid portion shall be severed and the part that is invalid shall not affect the validity of the remainder.
(2) This Bylaw shall come into full force and effect on the final adoption thereof.
READ A FIRST TIME this 17th day of April, 2001
READ A SECOND TIME this day of , 2001
READ A THIRD TIME this day of , 2001
RECONSIDERED AND FINALLY ADOPTED this day of , 2001
Certified a true copy of Bylaw #575, as adopted