THE CORPORATION OF THE VILLAGE OF MONTROSE
A BYLAW TO REGULATE UNDERGROUND SPRINKLER SYSTEM INSTALLATION
WHEREAS PART 15 of the Local Government Act (RS Chapter 323) authorizes the Council of the Village of Montrose to regulate underground sprinkler systems,
NOW THEREFORE the Council of the Village of Montrose, in open meeting assembled, ENACTS AS FOLLOWS:
1. (1) This Bylaw may be cited as the "UNDERGROUND SPRINKLER SYSTEM REGULATION Bylaw"
2. (1) It is the purpose of this bylaw to regulate the installation of underground sprinkler systems in the Village of Montrose; and
(2) to provide measures for the enforcement of the bylaw
UNDERGROUNG SPRINKLER SYTEMS REGULATIONS
3. (1) A Permit is required and is available at the Village Office.
(2) An underground sprinkler systems must meet the following requirements:
(a) A dual check valve backflow preventer with an atmospheric port, a double check valve assembly or a reduced pressure principle backflow preventer must be installed,
(b) a rain sensors
(c) and sprinkler systems must be located wholly on owners property.
4. (1) Any person committing an act or an omission in contravention of any provision of this bylaw is deemed to have committed an offense.
(2) Any person, having been found guilty by a court of competent jurisdiction of an offense under the provisions of this bylaw, is liable to a fine not to exceed $2,000. (Two Thousand Dollars)
5. (1) If any section, subsection, sentence, clause or phrase of this bylaw is for any reason held to be invalid by the decision of any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalid portion shall be severed and the part that is invalid shall not affect the validity of the remainder.
(2) This bylaw shall come into full force and effect on the final adoption thereof.
READ A FIRST TIME this 15th day of May, 2001
READ A SECOND TIME this day of , 2001
READ A THIRD TIME this day of , 2001
RECONSIDERED AND FINALLY ADOPTED this day of , 2001
Mayor Village Clerk
Certified a true copy of Bylaw #576, as adopted.
André Carrel, Village Clerk