THE CORPORATION OF THE VILLAGE OF MONTROSE
A BYLAW TO AMEND THE PARCEL TAX ASSESSMENT ROLL FOR 2002
WHEREAS Division 2 of Part 10.1 of the Local Government Act RS Chap. 323 empowers the Council of the Village of Montrose to establish a parcel tax assessment roll, and
WHEREAS Council has determined that the cost of the blue box/blue bag recycling service is to be recovered from a parcel tax,
NOW THEREFORE, the Council of the Village of Montrose, in open meeting assembled, hereby ENACTS AS FOLLOWS:
1. (1) This Bylaw may be cited as the "2002 Parcel Tax Assessment Roll (Amendment) Bylaw".
2. (1) Bylaw #579 is hereby amended by adding the following new section:
2. (6) All parcels of taxable property within assessment class 01, having assessments for both land and buildings, and listed on the 2002 Authenticated Assessment Roll for the Village of Montrose shall be subject to the Recycling Parcel Tax in the year 2002.
3. (1) If any section, subsection, sentence, clause or phrase of this Bylaw is for any reason held to be invalid by the decision of any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalid portion shall be severed and the part that is invalid shall not affect the validity of the remainder.
(2) This Bylaw shall come into full force and effect on the final adoption thereof.
READ A FIRST TIME this 6th day of November, 2001
READ A SECOND TIME this 6th day of November, 2001
READ A THIRD TIME this 6th day of November, 2001
RECONSIDERED AND FINALLY ADOPTED this 20th day of November, 2001
Certified a true copy of Bylaw #584, as adopted