THE CORPORATION OF THE VILLAGE OF MONTROSE
BYLAW # 549
A BYLAW TO EXEMPT CHURCH PROPERTY FROM PROPERTY TAXATION
WHEREAS the Beaver Valley Baptist Church owns a church located at 515 11th Avenue;
AND WHEREAS Part 10 (RS Chapter 323) of the Municipal Act exempts Churches from property taxation and gives Council the authority to exempt the property surrounding the Church from property taxation;
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the Council of the Village of Montrose, in open meeting assembled, enacts as follows:
1. (1) This Bylaw may be cited for all purposes as the “Church Property Tax Exemption Bylaw”.
2. (1) The Beaver Valley Baptist Church is the registered owner of 515 11th Avenue, Montrose (Legal Description: Parcel B. Block 2, Plan 2541, PID 015-251-519)
(2) The property at 515 11th Avenue has a building on it used solely for public worship.
(3) The building and the land on which the building stands is exempt from property taxation under Section 339 (1) of the Municipal Act;
3.. (1) If any section, subsection, sentence, clause, or phrase of this Bylaw is for any reason held to be invalid by the decision of any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalid portion shall be severed and the part that is invalid shall not affect the validity of the remainder.
(2) This Bylaw shall come into full force and effect on the final adoption thereof.
READ A FIRST TIME this 7th day of September, 1999
READ A SECOND TIME this 7th day of September, 1999
READ A THIRD TIME this 7th day of September, 1999
READ A FOURTH TIME AND FINALLY ADOPTED this 21 st day of September,1999
Mayor Village Clerk
I hereby certify the foregoing to be a t rue and correct copy of.