Community Quick Facts
- Population - 996 (2016 census)
- Elevation - 580m / 1,944 ft.
- Incorporated 1956
- Montrose is the Gateway to the Beaver Valley. It is 11 km east of downtown Trail and 5 km west of Fruitvale situated along Highway 3B.
- Canada Post, Montrose Service, Montrose Garden Restaurant, Dragon Contracting, MGK DRywall and many home based businesses operate within the Village.
- Kootenay Boundary Transit System provides services throughout the day.
- Local media - Trail Times, Rossland News, EZ Rock Radio and The Goat FM
- Air services: Pacific Coastal at the Trail Airport and Air Canada at Castlegar Airport provide daily flights to Vancouver and Calgary.
- Call 911 for RCMP – Ambulance – Fire
- Montrose has a local Fire Department as part of the Regional Fire Services – District Fire Chief is Mark Kucher
- Garbage collection is every Wednesday; Recycling, every other Wednesday; Yard & Garden pickup from April to October (watch for newsletters and notices at Post Office bulletin board for specifics or check the Calendar)
- Montrose Park and picnic shelter - 9th Avenue includes a Ball Field, Playground, Spray Park and Memorial Gardens
- Viewmont Park - 11th Avenue - Playground & Basketball Court
- Frontier Park - 6th Street - Playground
- Montrose Community Hall bookings can be made at the Village Office and are available for a wide variety of events. The hall has a commercial kitchen and smaller lower hall facilities.
- Local Government Council Meetings are the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month and are held in the Council Chambers at the Village Office. Meetings are open to the public.
- Utility bills (water, sewer) are mailed in January with a discount date of February 28th and are payable at the Village Office.
- Property taxes are mailed in late May, are due by July 2nd and are payable at the Village Office.
- Everyone who operates a business (including home based) within the Village requires a business license available at the Village Office.
- Animal Owners (dog & cat) are required to obtain licences at the Village Office in January of each year.
Village Office Hours
Monday to Friday
8:30am to 12:00pm
1:00pm to 4:30pm
Closed Statutory Holidays
565 11th Ave.